Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pros of Being a Twin

Someone recently commented on my blog and asked me if I had the choice whether to be a twin or not, if I would still want to be a twin. After some thought I think I could not imagine my life without being a twin. Sure there are disadvantages, but there is something special about being a twin.

There are a lot of benefits to being a twin. When we were younger Anthony and I developed a trust amongst each other which still exists the older we get. It's not really something I can describe very well but because I've known Anthony my whole life I know we have a mutual trust in each other to always be there for each other (well most of the time anyway).

Growing up with Anthony and going to school with him always gave me a sense of security. I know whenever I felt lost or needed a friend, he was always there for me and could relate to what I was feeling. This really helped when we started high school and we basically knew no one except for ourselves but having him there made me feel comfortable.

Because we played sports together growing up we got to experience the sense of victory together which made our bond stronger. Especially in high school tennis when Anthony was my partner I knew I could count on him and winning united us together. On the rare occasion when he lost match I'll just say it was not a good day to be at our house. But through winning and losing it gave us the relationship we have now, which is a close one.

Now that I listed some of the good points I invite you to come check out my next post which will talk about the disadvantages of being a twin.

No comments:

Post a Comment