Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Frat-ernal twins

This blog was written by one of my good friends Porter Sproul about his experience of being a twin in a fraternity. Porter is the President of Sigma Chi, Kappa Iota Chapter at Southern Utah University. 

When I started out in my fraternity, the part I was most excited for was receiving a big brother. A big brother is someone who is a constant support for their little brothers, and the relationship I developed with mine was one of best ones I've made since coming to college. At the time we went through the big and little ceremony I found out that I was going to be sharing my big brother with one of my pledge brothers- I was about to have my very own fraternal twin. I wasn't sure how to feel until I found out it was Jeong Su Park- then I was ecstatic!

When Stuart was revealed to us as our big brother, we were so excited and hit it off immediately. We started having grill outs at the fraternity house and early mornings sometimes consisted of coffee outings. The relationship we had was strong and even though Park transferred and Stuart graduated we are still close.

I'm so grateful to have the relationship with my twin that I have. Park is one of the sweetest people I've ever met, and I know he's always there for me if I need him to be- even from across the country. Twins for life, brothers forever!


No comments:

Post a Comment